Engineering Vision have extensive experience in designing vast array of Light Gauge Steel (LGS) structures. Our innovative structural design approach yields cost effective engineering solutions and build-able construction plans. Engineering vision have state of the art technology including its own unique software to calculate stress capacity of different types of LGS sections using two common design methods that are recommended in AS 4600-2018 : Direct Strength Method and Effective Width Method. This technology allows us to provide plans for construction with short turnaround time and high efficiency design that complies with AS 4600-2018 requirements.
In a separate finite element software we analyze the structure elements to determine the design action effects for the pre-defined most adverse combinations of actions according to AS 1170 ( wind, dead and live loads). The analysed and design capacity results are used to specify sections that optimally meeting engineering principals and comprising a structure that is stable, safe and serviceable during its intended design life time.
E.V's engineers maintain progressively professional development through literature, short courses and conferences from world leading experts in the fields in Australia and US. We keep up with the latest designs and engineering procedures to ensure efficient and safe buildings.
Why to build with Light Gauge Steel?
Over the years Light Gauge Steel (also known as cold formed steel) has been widely used in the building construction field across Australia and it is not surprising why.
There are many good reasons that this trend catches so many construction companies. let E.V. to share with you some of the benefits of this fantastic construction material:
1. LGS has great properties that allow us to design frames with large clear span which gives
flexibility to architects and homeowners to rearrange the space as per their needs.
2. Given the light weight of the material,it require a vary little effort to lift and erect LGS frames,
as a result speed of work on site is increased and there are less work injuries.
3. All frames are prefabricated in workshop and provided with high degree of accuracy,
consistent dimensions that resulted with straight walls and square corners.
4. Prefabricated frames reduces amount of work on site and schedules less effected by bad
5. Pests will ought to forage at other places as LGS is their type of food they need!
6. LGS is a highly sustainable material - it is 100% recyclable.
7. Since steel is non combustible material it suits for building in bush-fire areas .
The design and engineering of Light Gauge Steel structures require special skills as it behave differently from other construction materials and not all engineers know how to deal with this material adequately.
If you consider to build your project with LGS call us today to get more information.